The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: what is your experience, is omnifocus slow?
yes 6 25.00%
no 18 75.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Omnifocus is slow, very slow. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It does do a sync on quit, and may also write a backup, depending on your preferences, which might take even longer if a disk has to spin up. That said, it takes OF about 4 seconds to quit with my 7500+ action, 8.5 MB database if a disk doesn't have to spin up and the sync isn't one that causes a database compaction. The code may be clever enough to not do a database compaction during the sync on quit, I'm not sure, but I know it takes a while to write that much data to the cloud. If it always takes 20+ seconds to quit, I'd say there is something amiss with your setup, and you should have the support ninjas help you figure out what it is and how to fix it. 800-315-OMNI, +1-206-523-4152 or omnifocus@omnigroup.com should get the ball rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It does do a sync on quit, and may also write a backup, depending on your preferences, which might take even longer if a disk has to spin up.
Thanks! I thought I knew my preferences, but I guess not. Unchecking that "Also back up when quitting" did it for me.

FWIW, a while ago I had a corrupted preferences file that was causing slowdowns. If you've been a long-time OmniFocus user and rebuilding your database doesn't help, you might try trashing

/Users/YOU/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist