The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus - the radar in the cockpit Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I thought you guys might be interested in a blog post I put up last week on creating a portable productivity "cockpit"...

http://unformation.net/2010/09/the-cockpit/

The basic idea is that Omnifocus isn't just capable of handling tasks, it's able to handle many other kinds of "verbs" and can be a a kind of nexus for a many aspects of someone's workflow.

For example, I use it alongside Dropbox text editors to track projects; knowing I can pick up those files on my Mac without worrying about manual syncing. Images / mindmaps that I can generate on the iPad; all appear in some way in Omnifocus.

It'd be sweet to get your feedback!

Hi there. I haven't read your blog post yet, but I'd like to.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, so I hope this doesn't come off like that, but the font choice you've selected makes it harder for me to read. It looks very low resolution and like something is broken.

Sorry. I'm trying to be constructive, but I read the first couple of sentences and it was bad enough that I stopped reading it.

Don't apologise - thanks for the feedback!

What kind of computer and resolution are you using?

I'm wondering if Google fonts are causing an issue...

Looks fine on my iPad.

Looks bad on XP using Firerfox (work machine)

How weird - you should be seeing 16pt Cardo (a very nice Google Font Directory font). I know there were early issues with GFD and XP + Firefox but you'd imagine they'd have been fixed by now.

If you like, PM me and I'll send PDF copies of the post.

This Cardo font?

I can't read it either.

Edit: It renders much cleaner in very large sizes for me, but then that's another problem.

It renders okay on Safari on OS X but looks bad in Firefox 4.0bsomething on Ubuntu (compiz/fglrx)

Last edited by emory; 2010-10-05 at 04:29 PM..

Thanks for the screenshot. It looks like it's an issue with Google Font Directory which is weird. I've changed the body text font to Georgia so hopefully it'll look a bit cleaner.

There was another thread here about OpenMeta. I've just installed Ironic Leap and tagged my files. Learned it's possible to save Spotlight searches and drag them into Omnifocus for Mac's projects. Effectively, it turns OF into a sweet file management tool, and OF for iPad is unaffected. I just wish I could use it for file management too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneman View Post
There was another thread here about OpenMeta. I've just installed Ironic Leap and tagged my files. Learned it's possible to save Spotlight searches and drag them into Omnifocus for Mac's projects. Effectively, it turns OF into a sweet file management tool, and OF for iPad is unaffected. I just wish I could use it for file management too.
I don't know if you have ever looked into DEVONthink, but the DEVON folks have a new universal app, DEVONthink To Go, in the App store for review now. It allows the user to link files in the DEVONthink database to the notes field of OmniFocus, and when the files are synced to an iOS device, clicking on the link in OmniFocus opens the document in DEVONthink To Go. This also works on the Mac side now using the desktop apps.

Hello

The DEVONthink for iPad is now in the AppStore. Does it really allow to create the link to its file and to put this link to OF note, like URL? Could you show some screenshots of how it works?

If I could "attach" any files to my iPad OmniFocus tasks it would be a great issue!

That would be incredibly sweet!

It would turn Omnifocus into a kind of semantic OS.

I'm playing with Yojimbo right now to see if it can do something similar with notes and photos.

I wonder if OmniPlan will sync up to Omnifocus for a 30Kft view?