The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mark all as done; expiration date for tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
As a single guy, I use OmniFocus to replace a nagging wife.
Before I go to bed, it reminds me to floss, turn off the heater in the office and put down the toilet seat (one of these is a lie).

The thing is, I don't always have it open. Sometimes I'm away for the weekend, and when I come home, I have to mark everything as done for every day I've been away, which is a bit annoying.

Is there a way to make this less so?
I see three possibilities.

One would be a "Mark everything as done" button which would allow users to select several tasks and mark them as done together.

Another would be to introduce an expiration date for tasks, maybe as a separate field in the info panel, or maybe something like "Mark done after 24h".

The most logical way in this case however seems to me, to automatically mark tasks as done, if another instance of that same task is active. Meaning, if a repeting task comes along again, earlier instances of this task are marked as done automatically.
I'm sure there are tons of examples where this doesn't work, but if I use OF to remind me to make a dentist appointment every 6 months and I skip one appointment, I'm not making two appointments to make up for it.