The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus becomes frontmost after Quick Entry save? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Merging this thread with the one Dennis linked to, and tweaking the title to hopefully make it more find-able title in the process. Don't feel bad, Fudster; blame me. :-)
Lol! Thanks Brian! Cheers...

Hi,

Any word on a fix? I haven't noticed any sneak peak builds recently since 1.7.4?

Best wishes,

Terry

This has been fixed in internal builds of 1.8, but 1.8 isn't quite ready for sneaky peeks yet.

I'm getting a similar odd behavior, but have an extra variable. Is this the same issue as this thread?

I'm using the Entourage->OF scripts (Mail is looking more and more attractive all the time...). Until recently, I'd hit ^O in Ent and the following sequence would happen:
  1. Quick Entry would pop up with the subject line in the task line and the email linked to the task.
  2. I edit or save and the task is added to OF with a handy link back to Ent. (Or, if I had a task open in OF, it would just append the email to the task.)
  3. Continue working.
Slick as snot.

Now, when I hit ^O in Ent the following occurs:
  1. OF becomes the front, active application - but the QE window is hidden
  2. I click the Quick Entry button (that I just added to the toolbar to save having to select "Show Quick Entry" from the Window menu
  3. Edit or save the task.
  4. Click back over to Ent.
  5. Continue working.
Snot is not so slick now.

Same issue as described above? I don't seen the hidden QE window mentioned and wasn't sure if this was a script issue or OF issue.

Hoff, I think you're seeing something slightly different. I'm not sure, but it sounds related to one of the changes we made in v1.7:

Quote:
Updated our AppleScript terminology to use "open quick entry" rather than "activate quick entry". Hopefully this will eliminate the problems people have occasionally encountered in trying to activate the app itself. (Compiled scripts which used our old activate verb may need to be recompiled, however!)
If you adjust the scripts and recompile them, do the scripts start showing the Quick Entry window again?

It did indeed. Changing "activate" to "open" did the trick.

Thanks muchly sir.