The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AppleScript the OF Inspector Position Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I contacted tech support, with no luck, they suggested I try the forums, so here we go, please see below:

------------beginning of copied text-----------------

On 24 Apr 2008, at 00:28, OmniFocus Support wrote:

Hi Terry,

That may be possible, but it would be rather tricky. I had one of the developers try running a few scripts, like:

tell application "OmniFocus"
set OldBounds to bounds of window ""
set NewBounds to {0, 0, item 3 of OldBounds, item 4 of OldBounds}
set bounds of window "" to NewBounds
end tell

To no avail. The forums (forumn.omnigroup.com) may be a good resource for something like this.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me. We really appreciate your support!

Sincerely,

Jameson B.
Support Ninja
Omni Group

["Terry C. Lansdown" - Tue Apr 22 10:09:18 2008]:

Hi,

Is there a way I can set the bounds of the OmniFocus inspector window
to automate moving its position? For example...

tell application "Safari"
activate
try
set the bounds of the first window to {340, 0, 1380, 1280}
set the bounds of the second window to {150, 0, 1130, 775}
end try
end tell

Best wishes and thanks,

Terry

------------end of copied text-----------------

I assume nobody solved this problem. I have an external monitor at work next to my laptop, and my inspector invariably ends up at the far end of the opposite screen from wherever OF's main window is.

I'd sure love to have a way for it to stay where I left it when I last worked in the application, or to recognize the new monitor setup when it's not being used on a single screen laptop.

joshfree,

That sounds like a feature request/bug report. It shouldn't take a script to have the inspector remember where its supposed to stay. Use Help → Send Feedback to submit bug reports and feature suggestions to get them entered in the development database. (See this sticky thread at the top of the forum for details.)

Curt