The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

sp14: no longer blocks flash content in ad blocking Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since upgrading today to sp14 it no longer blocks flash sp13 didn't block any flash ads either. Though it did work perfect in sp12. I have tossed all the preferences and app support folders but even with a clean install flash is no longer blocked. I used the adobe site at http://www.adobe.com to test it.

edit: actually after looking in the console every time I try to filter an image this spits out "/Applications/OmniWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/OmniWeb: CGImageSourceUpdateData image source was already finalized\n" and unlike in sp12 where the image went away instantly I have to reload the page before its gone.

Last edited by xarix; 2006-06-07 at 10:57 PM..

I don't know; all the flash ads I've been blocking all along are still blocked in SP14.

And FWIW, I've ALWAYS had to reload a page for a blocked image to vanish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
I don't know; all the flash ads I've been blocking all along are still blocked in SP14.

And FWIW, I've ALWAYS had to reload a page for a blocked image to vanish.
What was the expression to use in the ad blocking panel to enable this? I have tried *.swf by itself and with other modifiers, but it has not worked for me since the 5.5 sp series was launched?

How do you do it? I really would like to re-implement flash blocking.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Use:

/.*\.swf
Nope. Flash animation is still loaded normally. Do I have to manually change some prefs in the pref file?

Thanks.

P

In one of the other threads, IIRC someone from OmniGroup said that if you have an incorrectly parsed regex expression in your list, all expressions that follow that one will fail. Maybe that is the cause of your problem?