The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recently closed windows or tabs? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
...Why are you in such a rush that you end up closing windows you want to keep?
I'll be working on a task with ~12 windows/tabs open for reference at the same time, and then I Command-W my way through them when I'm done with that task, usually. Occasionally I do one too many "Command-W"s. I try to be careful. But it happens often enough. It's one of those things that's in both Safari and Chrome that I sorely miss under OmniWeb.

Last edited by BrianKrent; 2012-01-14 at 12:29 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
...you should be sure to use Help->Send Feedback to send in an official one), but given the backlog of requests they have for features on the paid products, they probably aren't going to be spending time on anything but the most requested features for the free ones (like OmniWeb), and then only if they can be done quickly, or benefit just about everyone (new WebKit versions, for example).
This is probably the #1 reason I wish OmniWeb was open-source'd. Even if it was a really restrictive open source license; just having the ability to make enhancements and submit them back would be useful.

Well, more likely that you'd just have the opportunity to fork it and add your desired feature for yourself. Sifting through code submitted by everyone and his brother, testing it, and deciding whether to put it into something with Omni's name on it is likely as much work as just doing it themselves.