The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspective help Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I have a perspective for showing only work context actions. I have it sorted by due date so all items with a due date go on top, even if it's not due until 2012. Is there a way to sort by date but only show events in the next 3 days for example but still have all my tasks with no due date showing as well? I guess this isn't iPad specific but it is all I use. Thanks.

Matt from Bermuda

Matt, it's possible to set something like that up if you have the Mac app, but we were hoping that the Forecast view would help for that sort of short-term planning. (It shows the tasks due in the next 7 days.)

You adapt the steps in this post to can create a perspective similar to the one you're looking for. You'll want to create it on the Mac, then sync it over to your iPad.

Sounds like you'd want all the the "Due within the Last <time>" groups expanded, plus the "Due Today" and "Due Tomorrow" groups. (The next largest group is "Due in the Next Week", but that's farther out than you wanted to go.)

Does that help?

Thanks for the reply Brian. The problem with the Forecast view, unless I'm missing something is it shows all of my tasks, not just work and won't show tasks with no due date. I have about 100 work tasks at one time with about 20 of them recurring with due dates and the rest having no dates. So the perspective I have created shows all of these fine. The only problem I guess is the sorting or lack of. I really don't need to see a recurring yearly task that I just completed so is not due until March 2012 on top of all my undated tasks that I will complete long before then (I hope) :) Hope this makes sense.