The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Confirm Auto-Completed Text with Tab Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Guys...

down there, there's a screenshot

On Windows Vista and probably some other browser's or whatever, I can type the M, than press down to select the autocompleted thingy and press tab.
It switches to the next textbox and confirms MacKevG (the auto-completed)

Now in OmniWeb. I press M into the nickname field. Now I have to press down and enter to confirm, than tab so switch to the next textbox (password).
If I press M, than down and Tab, it switches to the next textbox but leaves the M and doesn't select MacKevG

I hope you got what I meant ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild 1.png
Views:	441
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	250  

This has changed behavior in Sneeky Peaks.

Previously, you type M , use the down arrow to highlight the word you want then press the right arrow key to add that word to the field then press Tab to go to next field or press Enter as if in a search dialog.

Now you type M, use the down arrow to highlight the word you want, then press Enter to add that word to the field then press Tab to go to next field or press Enter AGAIN as if in a search dialog.

I can get used to this but the inconsistency is that this behavior is now different to the URL Address field. In the URL field you type M use the down arrow to highlight the URL you want (usually u want the root but must scroll a million others if you had used loads of forums threads argh) press the right arrow ket to add that URL to the URL field then press enter. OR you just use the down arrow to highlight the URL you need then simply press enter an that just loads that URL page directly.

I do agree with your suggestion, press M, use the arrow down to highlight the word then simply press Tab to add that word into the field an move to the next field. This would be faster due to less key pressings.

I like it mate.. good suggestion!!! ;-)

Last edited by Drayon; 2007-07-01 at 05:47 PM..