The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Stable 1.1? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any news on when OF 1.1 will be stable?

What do you mean by that? GM version?

Because the Alphas have been fairly good. All the Sneakypeeks for all version have IMO been pretty good. Go back and read the blog post re: crash frequencies in the pre-pre 1.0 timeframe ;-)

The 1.1 alphas have been working great for me. No problems at all.

I haven't had any problems either, aside from some strange happenings when first "upgrading" the database. I guess I can just sleep warm and cozy at night knowing I have a "final" version!

At any rate, I'm glad to be syncing OF to my iPod Touch (and soon enough, iPhone). Who is looking for an iPhone/iPod version of OmniOutliner Pro next???

Me!

That might be tough... OO documents can be a lot larger and synching something that big to the iPhone could be troublesome.

I've noticed that OF for iPhone is already a bit slow to open documents... it takes 2-3 seconds from when you hit the button to when you see the document.

You think so? I have a bunch of OO docs that are long outlines and still only hit 12-15 kb per file.

It looks quite doable -- check out Outliner by CarbonFin in the App Store. It looks like it took its cues from OO!

I'd rather not purchase that (or any other similar app) if I can get OO from the OmniGroup instead; I'll know w/the OmniGroup that I won't be left in the cold for something as simple as drag-and-drop hierarchy change (which apparently the CarbonFin app lacks), etc...

If you embed any media in your OmniOutliner files (pictures or audio), they can get very big.

Syncing is still pretty glitchy, but the core OF code is mostly carried over from the stable 1.0.x days, and seems fine with some refinements.

I'm getting lots of errors with issues syncing on a laptop with intermittent webdav issues.

-P