The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wanted feature Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I currently have a v4 license, I haven't upgraded to v5 because I haven't found a reason yet.

I love Omnigraffle because of its ease to use mindmaps and put down ideas I have. I like to look at it as a giant whiteboard.

However, there's a feature I am looking for, and maybe it's hidden somewhere in v5. I have also looked at other applications but since I am familiar with OG, it would be better if it can be done here.

I want:
- The object you are clicking on should always be "in focus" (ie highlighted, or whatever).
- Objects that are not in focus should be dimmed. The further away an object are, the more it should be dimmed.
- Every object should have a description. Mouseover on an object should reveal the description.
- Between all object there should be space for a relationship description (this can be done today, but I want to be able to write more).

Does anynone understand what I mean?

Thanks,
/andreas :)

Last edited by carlsson; 2009-05-27 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: I tried to change title, it doesnt seem to work though... :P

I have made a graphical view of how I am thinking.
- Notes can be done in OG.
- Relationship descriptions can be done in OG (it needs some tweaking to not be in the way though).
- I can't find a way to highlight objects as I have made them in the attachments.

This can probably be enhanced in various ways, eg thicker lines to the childs of the current marked object etc.
I would also like to make the relationship text to follow the relationship line.

I attach two pictures. More ideas and thoughts how to make this even better are welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24graph-1.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	937   Click image for larger version

Name:	24graph-2.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	938