The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't Update to lateset Sneaky Peek Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Every time I get an automatic update notice, I click yes and Omnifocus starts to download, when I get to the update and relaunch screen the whole thing crashes!!! A bomb shows up and asks if I want to send a report.

I did send it; is there any way to fix this?

I think there was a problem with the auto update on sneaky peak 77.16.0.109094 from a few days ago. It would crash when updating.

It has apparently been fixed since then. To get back on track, download and install the latest build from the sneaky peak page.

-Dennis

I'm having these problems but with the latest Sneak Peek build (as of 1 April). Anyone any ideas?

I was wondering whether there's some library outside of the /Applications/OmniFocus that it might be relying on to do the updates ... since mine hasn't worked for quite a while.

Thanks - J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturtridge View Post
I'm having these problems but with the latest Sneak Peek build (as of 1 April). Anyone any ideas?

I was wondering whether there's some library outside of the /Applications/OmniFocus that it might be relying on to do the updates ... since mine hasn't worked for quite a while.

Thanks - J.
The software update hasn't been working for a while or something else? If you download the update manually does it work? If you turn off the visualization via the preference in the release notes for r111030 does it work?

In Terminal:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus OOCheckboxCellVisualEffectLevel 0

Any extra details about what isn't working will help greatly. Thanks!

Update: I should note I just manually downloaded the r111018 sneakypeek build and the software update was able to take me to r111030, so it seems to be working for me.

Tim,

Thanks for the response. Looks like it's all working as my sneaky peek just updated to the latest version (not sure what happened - just one of those things I guess).

(Also - just updated to the latest iPhone version ... I'm loving the speed with which you are turning out these releases - just fabulous!)

J.