The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Broken Sync Link... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Trying to get Omnifocus on Mac and on iPhone to sync. Both are 1.9. Have signed up for Omni Sync Server and using it on Mac.

1. I ask Omnifocus 1.9 on my Mac to "Send Settings"

2. Email is created that looks like this:
Code:
Tap the following link to configure your OmniFocus sync location.

<omnifocus:///setup-sync?url=https://my-user-name@sync.omnigroup.com/my-user-name/OmniFocus.ofocus>
That link isn't tap-able on iphone.

3. I suspect the problem is the mis-coded triple forward slash above, so I strip out the third slash. The link isn't tap-able on iphone.

4. I suspect problem is also the leading GT / trailing LT. I remove those. Now link IS tap-able...

5. Tap on the link switches the app in focus from mail to Omnifocus, but does nothing to establish sync settings. Omnifocus on iPhone is none the wiser for the tap.

So, would someone kindly advise on what could be munging this process?

Much obliged!

TC

What are you running for system software on the iPhone? That link (which is not incorrectly coded, btw) works just fine on my old iPod touch (2G) running iOS 4.2.1, and when OF launches after the link being tapped, I get a screen warning that I have tapped on an OmniFocus settings link, do I wish to replace the synchronization settings? The format of the link was changed in OF 1.8 to be compatible with iOS 3.x and beyond.

It isn't particularly difficult to configure the OSS on the iPhone by hand. In 1.10 there will be even simpler setup for the OSS, but in 1.9, here's what you do:
  1. Go to the settings page
  2. Tap on the first entry under Sync (probably Nothing)
  3. Tap on Advanced (WebDAV)
  4. Fill location field with https://sync.omnigroup.com/your-user-name
  5. Go back to the settings page and tap Done
  6. You'll be prompted for Omni Sync user name (already filled in for you) and password

Sorry for the trouble here, TC! Can I ask if the message is being opened in a webmail interface?

Native apps handle the configuration link just fine, but most web browsers aren't sure what to do with that link type. Rather than hand it off to the rest of the OS, they usually just give up on it. Native mail apps should handle it just fine though.