The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeat is killing my Next view--help! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I like to use the Next filter when looking at a project--that way I see only the next Action to be done.

If all Actions in a project are set to repeat every day, when I complete an action, OF immediately generates the next day's version of this Action right there at the top of the list, blocking advancement of today's next action to the top of the list!

The Sort and Group filters seem to have no effect on the list of a Project's Actions, so I can't use them. What can I do to keep the list automatically sorted so that each successive Action for today properly moves to the top of the list every time an Action is completed?

--Sandy Santra

Last edited by santra; 2007-10-29 at 02:38 AM..

Well, this is no fun. I thought I would try moving all these actions into a brand-new context called "Today," since Contexts seem to respond to filter sorting, so I did that. I then deleted all their project attributes (set to No Project), cleaned up, and they've disappeared--can't find my Today's actions anywhere. Grumble, grumble. I've gone from having a system that didn't work to losing all my data for today's actions...very unhappy.

Did you look in the Inbox? That is where my actions go if I delete the project and then clean up.

No, they weren't there.

But after exiting and relaunching OF 3x, and then reloading a backup, I got back the Actions.

Now OF seems to be working properly within this Project focus, as well. With the Next Filter enabled, OF is correctly advancing to the next Action in the last.

As I move through my day's tasks, whenever I switch to the Remaining filter view, I correctly see the Purple (next) action farther and farther down the list.

Back up and running now--thank god for small favors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
The Sort and Group filters seem to have no effect on the list of a Project's Actions, so I can't use them. What can I do to keep the list automatically sorted so that each successive Action for today properly moves to the top of the list every time an Action is completed?
I've had the same issue. I resolved it by making the project in question (for me, one of the courses that I teach) a group of singletons. Not a perfect answer, I think, but I have a hard time thinking of a perfect answer (I can't believe that anybody wants another sort column!).

-Scott

This may not be exactly what you're looking for but it works great for me.

I use start date to keep recurring tasks from being active until the appropriate date/time. When I check one of these items off, the repeat appears, but inactive. I can simply hit "Clean up" to put it out of mind.