The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Squiggly" hand-drawn lines? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to make OmniGraffle objects look hand drawn, instead of computer perfect?

There are times when a "napkin sketch" is called for more than a polished diagram... but the editing qualities of OmniGraffle are much more advanced than the typical 3-ply napkin. :-)

I'd like to be able to build a simple diagram in OmniGraffle, then apply a "hand drawn" style that makes the lines wavy, uneven, with overlapping corners, etc. -- like an architect's sketch drawn with a marker.

Is there any way to achieve an effect like this? Either in OG, or in some third party post-processing app?

Thanks,
Adam

Not yet, though there is such a style in OG on the iPad. See this thread:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=25014

Search this forum for "hand-drawn" to find more discussion. One thread points to a commercial stencil in a somewhat sketchy style for wireframes.

http://konigi.com/store/product/omni...ketch-stencils

Last edited by john.gersh; 2012-11-29 at 05:26 AM..

You want to change the style of the objects so that they look hand-drawn? OG doesn't have that feature.

You'd have to use stencils with shapes that look that way. I started a similar thread while back. I even looked into what would be required. Hand-tracing print-outs and then tracing scans using OG's drawing tools... What a pain in the butt.

It would take less time just to learn Balsimiq in order to provide wireframes to the few clients that like that style.

btw the only app I know of that can toggle between straight and sketchy is Axure using its Sketch Effects feature in the Page Properties panel.