The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MobileMe Calendars break iCal sync [See "replacing calendar sync" thread] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please send feedback on this issue to Apple: we built OmniFocus on top of Apple's SyncServices API (since OmniFocus runs on 10.4, and SyncServices is the only 10.4-compatible API for syncing with Mac calendars), and the MobileMe calendar beta is apparently not compatible with SyncServices.

At this point I don't know whether Apple is planning to fix this—and they might not know yet either. They might simply be waiting for customer feedback to see how many people care about this issue. (If someone has seen a statement from Apple on this, I'd appreciate a pointer!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Please send feedback on this issue to Apple: we built OmniFocus on top of Apple's SyncServices API (since OmniFocus runs on 10.4, and SyncServices is the only 10.4-compatible API for syncing with Mac calendars), and the MobileMe calendar beta is apparently not compatible with SyncServices.

At this point I don't know whether Apple is planning to fix this—and they might not know yet either. They might simply be waiting for customer feedback to see how many people care about this issue. (If someone has seen a statement from Apple on this, I'd appreciate a pointer!)
I have. On the mobileme beta page, there is a Feedback link.

Done thanks.

Is this resolved yet? I see that Mobileme's new calenar is now out of beta.

No its not. Think OmniGroup may have to address.

Folks interested in this feature may want to contribute to Ken's What's the best replacement for calendar syncing? thread over in the OmniFocus forum.

Re-titling the thread to indicate that the MM calendars are now out of beta.

I suggest using google calendar to sync through ical.
1. create a gcal account
2. make a dedicated gcal for tasks
3. subscribe to the calendar via ical
4. in omnifocus go to prefs - ical
5. select the gcal you just created
6. in ical delete the old syncing calendar to kill the duplicates

seems to work so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ols View Post
I suggest using google calendar to sync through ical.
1. create a gcal account
2. make a dedicated gcal for tasks
3. subscribe to the calendar via ical
4. in omnifocus go to prefs - ical
5. select the gcal you just created
6. in ical delete the old syncing calendar to kill the duplicates

seems to work so far
Thats one heck of a work around. To use another calendar service is out of the question for me.

Since mobileme is out of beta, i am hoping that OmniFocus gets updated.

I kinda like using calendars to view my scheduling.

Subscribed calendars do not show up in the omnifocus list

Clarifying from my earlier post... we don't have any additional work on this feature planned at this time, but my previous post includes a link to the thread where we're discussing what we should replace iCal sync with.

Closing this thread to redirect traffic to the other one...

I'm having the same problem described here - no calendars showing up in the Calendars list to sync to.

I don't have any MobileMe calendars - I have 3 CalDav subscriptions and 3 "On My Mac" calendars (which I'd figure would show up).

Anybody have any idea what's going on here?