The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

feature request: parallel, child-sequential actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi.

The two modes: parallel actions, sequential actions are unfortunately insufficient for the way I use OF. I sometimes have several mini-projects in one project (a presentation involves writing the abstract, writing the cv, making slides, book trip; all of these have sub-actions). I model them through the "add child" feature.

Now all the mini-projects are concurrent projects, but the child projects are sequential. I can first write my CV, the abstract, and finally book the trip or in any other order.

It would be nice to have a feature that says all actions are parallel, but child actions are sequential (thus the title parallel, child-sequential actions).

Of course I work around this by defining multiple projects, placing them into a folder, and shut up. But you actually want to advance the product and not force the customers to do it your way, right? Also this way minimizes clutter in the project list.

Thanks.