The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Daily Schedule? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcornflix View Post
Is there a better, more efficient way to do this? (BTW, start/stop dates aren't going to help. Things can suddenly change in a moment, so I need to be able to reallocate my time rapidly. Drag/drop in the Project Mode works. Typing new start/end dates would not.)
Again, it seems like you have in mind having an outline of your day, not really using start or end dates. It might help people trying to give suggestions if you could put a little more detail behind what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcornflix View Post
That doesn't work for me because I need a method that allows me to rapidly reschedule the day when something changes. Having to adjust each due date/time by hand is way too time-consuming.
Yeah, more details of your workflow would help. My suggestions are coming from the standpoint that works for mine. I try to make sure everything I want to get done is visible, so I can decide what to do next as I work. (I don't re-order the items in the list to match the order I do them in; I just check them off when I do them.)

It sounds like maintaining that relationship between the list and the order the work is done in matters more - if you can expand on that, at the very least, we can write up a feature request for you...

Another thought might be to use the time estimates feature and filtering. You can add time estimates to various tasks and if your day shifts to allow you more time, set the filter setting to a larger time frame. If the day shifts to something shorter, then set the filter to a shorter frame.

The main consideration in doing so though, is that you have to be consistent in adding time estimates to all of your tasks as setting the filter to a time estimate automatically filters out anything that does not have an estimate.