The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clipper for Sparrow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I came about this project in GitHub but have not been able to compile it.
If anyone could compile it and distribute the result I would be much grateful.

https://github.com/camdez/SparrowToOmnifocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyesubs View Post
I came about this project in GitHub but have not been able to compile it.
If anyone could compile it and distribute the result I would be much grateful.

https://github.com/camdez/SparrowToOmnifocus
If you want to build it, I've found it compiles in Xcode: Version 4.1 (Build 4B110).

I'm fixing a bug which results in one too many tasks created in the quick entry window, and adding the ability to add the contents of the clipboard to the first task created (the most common use case).

I'll fork on Github and build a binary later today, or possibly tomorrow.

Is there any news on this?

I would love to have this functionality!

OK. Iv'e forked the repo here: https://github.com/xcodeit/SparrowToOmnifocus.

You can get the source and the zipped up App. I have only been able to test it on Lion - so YMMV.

I've changed it so that whatever is in the clipboard gets pasted into the note after the link back to the item. So you should copy something from the email, then drag the mail into the SparrowToOmnifocus window.

There appears to be a problem with Sparrow, in that it doesn't go straight to the linked item when you click on it. You have to click on the Sparrow window to give it focus, then it jumps to the item. This would appear to be an issue with Sparrow?

Remember - this is not my code, I've only added to what Camdez created.

Hope you find it useful!

How about for Postbox?

Sculwell, I helped with the Postbox guys... about a year ago?... to add their own "Send to OmniFocus" feature. Can't remember the specifics of how it works, but I know it's in there. :-)

Yep, I found it...thanks!

How do you use the files from github? I ended up with the following...

Use this Git Repository, then you need to click on the Downloads button and you get a popup like in the image below. Then Click on SparrowToOmnifocus, in the Download Packages section (circled in the image).

Oh sweet!! Thanks sooo much this is amazing.

-jared