The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF Overload - Where to put my project notes? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been using OF since Day 1 and along with task management, I've been using it to keep all kinds of notes about my various projects. (I'm a photographer making a book and exhibition). Now that OF exists on my iPad and iPhone, I love having all of my data in one place.

My problem is that OF has become bloated with TMI (too much information) and I'm using it as much as a project management app as a Task Manager. One thing that has helped recently is creating a "Note" context, which I can assign my project notes to and then filter this context out of various views.

Part of me yearns for a lean/clean OF and getting my hundreds of notes into some dedicated project manager. Wondering if others have similar problems and what kind of solutions are out there. I know Evernote is popular and exists on all devices, but wondering what else is out there. Of course Evernote>OF communication would be great if that happens.