The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Q re iCal & OF across two computers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Whilst at home/office I do most of my work on my Mac Pro. When on the road I have a MacBook Pro that goes with me.

Right now I have iCal synching on the hour using .Mac. This means my calendars are in sync regardless of the computer I'm using. I have installed OF on the Mac Pro and am successfully using the iCal synch to get OF tasks into the iCal 'to-do'. These are then syncing into the MacBook Pro's 'to-dos'.

If I install OF on the MacBook Pro, can I also have this in sync – assuming I make sure the same sync mappings exist as those on the Mac Pro – and then enter/edit tasks on either machine (only one ever used at any point in time)?

I am a bit nervous about testing this theory in case I screw anything, and thought I'd ask first to see if anyone else has gone down this route.

Thanks.

David