The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

bug: window has disappeared Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am a friend who is using v. 96797. When he opens OmniFocus, all that he can see is the top line of the window bar. It is a 1-2 pixels high and the width of the window. Everything else is invisible. I only know this is a window because I created a new window and a new line appeared.

The program is unusable.

Any thoughts

Does anyone know if there is a preference file that can be deleted? I feel bad that I converted my colleague and he has dutifully entered everything and now the app isn't usable.

EDIT: There is a preference file, but what happens if I delete it? Will there be any data lost? perspective lost?

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by steve; 2008-01-07 at 03:28 PM..

~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist
I recommend renaming or moving it, rather than deleting it outright, just in case you realize later that there's some info there that would have been nice to keep.

Lizard,
Do you think this might solve the problem. Have you seen this before?

Steve

Haven't seen this before, but I'm not watching the main support queue. It's likely to fix it, since window size is stored in the preferences. But without knowing more details, I can't promise. If resetting the preferences doesn't fix it, please email omnifocus@omnigroup.com, and attach a screenshot so we can see and figure out what's going on.

I've seen applications misbehave in cases where they're launched on a dual-screen setup - a laptop connected to an external monitor, for example - and later, the app is launched when that larger other screen is disconnected.

The problem occurs when a window got saved with coordinates that made sense on the larger screen, but not so much on the smaller.

I'd test this myself, but my laptop is currently on another continent, unfortunately.

Quitting the application, moving the preferences file to the desktop, and relaunching OmniFocus shouldn't harm anything, though. If something does look bad, you can always move it back and we can figure another way around the window-position bit.

Just to report back— I moved the pref file to the desktop and relaunched the app and the screen was restored.

Thanks,
Steve