The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Cmd-Alt-C / V for Style Brush shortcut? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was just wondering: is there any reason why the Cmd-Alt-C and Cmd-Alt-V shortcut couldn't do the same as the Style Brush pick up / drop styles?

Currently, Cmd-Alt-C/V copies/pastes text styles only, and the Style Brush copies/pastes all styles on an object. But why separate them? Why can't I just Cmd-Alt-C on any object to pick up all its styles, and Cmd-Alt-V to paste the styles? If I'm editing text, it would just do the same as it currently does, and copy/paste the text styles only.

Those are the default shortcuts for copying the text style in most other apps, so we've used Control-Command-C and V to copy and paste the object style.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise there was already a keyboard shortcut for it! Well, that's me happy.

Fwiw, even if there isn't, you can create your own using the Keyboard & Mouse>Keyboard shortcuts system preferences.

I'm extremely happy with the Ctrl-Shift-C/V shortcut. However, I think it's very disappointing that this seems to share the same clipboard buffer as Cmd-C/V. The copied style is forgotten when I Cmd-C another object. However, there's no reason why they can't use separate clipboards.