The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

synchronizing bookmarks with iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear Omniweb users,

As I was updating my iPhone software tonight, I took note of the "synchronizing bookmarks" after I initiated a sync with iPhone 2.1 software. This question suddenly sprang to my mind: how will I sync my Omniweb bookmarks with the iPhone?

Is there a fix for this? If not, will there be one?

It is most unfortunate that Safari and Chrome are going to put an intense squeeze on other browsers.

For the record, no, I'm not about to subscribe to MobileMe. :)

Check out BookDog. It will synchronize your bookmarks among darn near any browser you might use. So you can sync with Safari and let your bookmarks follow you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNik View Post
Check out BookDog. It will synchronize your bookmarks among darn near any browser you might use. So you can sync with Safari and let your bookmarks follow you around.
Thanks. I may give it a try. I'm selective about which shareware I buy because, as it is, I pay for an awfully many titles.

Payam

There's also Delicious, for keeping your bookmarks in one place. As a bonus, you never need to worry about weirdness with synchronisation across multiple computers sending your bookmark list to the great bit bucket in the sky.

If you try Delicious, might I direct your attention to the only "bookmark" I currently keep on my Safari bookmarks bar: a bookmarklet that will Bookmark the current page in Delicious.

Now THIS I dig (pun intended, perhaps).

I had forgotten about my delicious account completely. Time to revive it, I suppose. Now, is there a way to download the delicious bookmarks to my computer? I don't exactly when the time will be when I will need my bookmarks when I don't have a connection, but it might happen. :)

Thanks.

Payam