The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Summary view for multiple projects? [A: Resource Load Sharing available in v2.1 or later.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have multiple projects that I track using OmniPlan-2.0.3. For now, I have each one as a separate .oplx file, tracked independently of each other. I wanted to create a "project status board" of sorts, where I can see a high-level overview of the status of each project (i.e what phase it is in). For this I need to collect, in one place, information from all my projects. I could export each one to .csv manually, and then have a Python script that goes through then and plots them as a high level Gantt, but that seems too manual. Any suggestions? The final look I would like is something like

Quote:
Project-1 |-------------|+++++++++|===========|********|
Project-2 |----------|++++++++++++++++|===========|****|

- Feasibility
+ Prototype
= Implementation
* Testing
where each project is its own file, and I need information from multiple files to be collected simultaneously to make this dashboard

Note: I should clarify that the final look I mocked up above does not need to be a Gantt, I plan to play around with it to see what is suitable for my team. It may be a simple "where are we now" display, with only the active phase of each project being displayed. Point being, I would like to know how to collect this information automatically from multiple projects. How I plan to use it is irrelevant here.

Last edited by sidsrinivasan; 2012-01-30 at 01:21 PM..