The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funny behavior on a certain page Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I switched to SP 10 yesterday (from SP 9). Now, there is one page that causes some trouble: http://www.tv.nu/ (don't get too excited, it's just the daily Swedish TV-program). Funnily, that page worked fine with SP 7 and 9. What happens now is that two additional windows are opened and sized in funny ways - could this be a popup-blocking problem?

Here Omniweb kinda opens them and closes but doesn't create layout problem.

If site is using evil method of Flash popup, time to find another site IMHO.

Don't misunderstand, zero layout problems here except I can't read Swedish :)

yeah there's a problem w/ the popup trapper in sp 10 where the popup is 'trapped' but the window is still spawned. If you close those windows, don't then try to show the popup from the menu in the status bar (the title will be blank), as it will crash OW! We're aware of the problem and working on a solution. :)

I heard Omniweb invented the popup blocker so it won't be problem.

The point is, going less to sites offering such aggressive popup schemes and using more "ethical advertising" sites.

As a person on web since Netscape 1.2 , I have my reasons to say it.

Also as a guy working in media,I have nothing against advertising. I have like 3 "layers" which can block advertising including netbarrier. I am just against very irritating, money hungry and no respect "popup" ads.

I mentioned elsewhere, that I would like to see the ability to disable and re-enable plug-ins, without restarting. Also, to have flash enabled on a PER-SITE BASIS just like java.

With Safari, I only enable plug-ins when I need to - no relaunch needed, and then only for QuickTime content. Turn it on, visit site, and turn it off later, from the preferences. Can't see why OmniWeb can't toggle it as well, and take it into the site preference area.

The way Flash can be (mis)used and the problems just installing and using it seem to present, I've kept it off my system, but would like to use it for just a very few sites.

Talking about style in sites... iCab had/has this nice feature of indicating non-W3C-compliant HTML code with a :mad: . I wonder, if more browsers had done something like that, would it have helpet to improve HTML-programming-"etiquette"???

Sorry, that was an off-topic post :o