The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

A "syncing" ship: please help if you can Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have tried email. While I await a Ninja response, hope you do not mind me trying here.

I am not able to sync my iphone OF to my desktop AT ALL! (Has not worked since 2d iphone firmware update over 2 weeks ago.) I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OF for iphone today. I switched my sync preferences to MobileMe to see if that would help. Then when I email the settings and click the link in my iphone, MobileMe will not allow me to login (login button is dead and keyboard quickly disappears so I cannot type in my username and password). So, I hit "cancel" button and it takes me to an OF iphone screen that appears to be trying to download information but gets locked about 3/4 of the way through. I have to turn off OF and then go back out.

I went into my desktop preferences again and switched back to iDisk as my sync method. After I click the orange "sync" button, the options to send email settings (and share settings) are both grayed out and unavailable.

Can someone please help? I am printing out my desktop OF list every morning because I took the plunge upon buying this app (when the iphone app was released) and dumped my whole life into it. Now I am panicked.

Just downloaded the latest iphone firmware update. Same exact behavior with iphone OF.

Any possibility that Support Ninjas could set up support via iChat (like Mobileme just did)?

I am quite sure a Ninja could troubleshoot this for me but the wait is a long one.

I've let the ninjas know your tickets are 'urgent' and expect one of them will help you out shortly.

Okay, I may just cry for your kindness. Thanks so much!

I am eagerly awaiting any help. I am actually at work today and suffering because my case list (which I urgently need and is in OF) is not on my iphone OF. I am scurrying to put together the list without OF (where I had stored it thinking it would be accessible).

I left my paper print-out of this list at home.

I really want to keep OF, but I am going to have to abandon this otherwise wonderful software because I need something reliable really, really soon.

Is there some way to speed up help even more?

A ninja spent very little time with me and fixed my problems! All is working!

I am going to cut and paste from his email instructions in case they may help someone else (the applescript is the "coalesce database" script that you will find in this forum if you search for it):

The fact that OmniFocus on the mac is correct and up to date is great. Let's start there on the Mac and disable sync, then quit.

Then, move to your phone and launch OmniFocus. If it really won't launch, go ahead and remove it and reinstall once again. If you can get it into a state where you can get to Settings, go there and turn off synchronization, then "Reset Database"

Before turning on sync again (on either side), let's take a look on your iDisk (from the "Go" menu in the finder, select iDisk -> My iDisk). in /Documents and find the OmniFocus.ofocus file. Rename it to old-omnifocus.ofocus.

I've attached an applescript that will clean up your database just in case it's the problem. Unzip the file, then open the "Script Editor" application, and open the script file, and press"Run".

So now we've got no database on the phone or iDisk, and a squeaky database on the Mac. Open OF on the mac, and reenable sync, choosing MobileMe. Do a manual sync and then another one.

Now on the phone it should be safe to set up sync again, either from the first launch screen if you reinstalled, or from settings if you didn't. Again choose the Mobileme option. Sync and make sure that your database comes down to the phone.