The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem: My new windows always focus on the same project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One thing about OF is really bugging me these days: When I open a new window, I want my default remaining projects view, but every f-ing time the new window is small, without a sidebar, and focused on this one project which I am mostly done with.

I did make a window like that once, but I never wanted to see it every time I made a new window. How do I make this stop? please?

New OmniFocus windows using the default perspective open with the same settings used when you last quit. So bring up the default perspective and arrange it however you like. Then quit the app. When your start OmniFocus again, all new windows using the default perspective should have the same settings you used before quitting.

I agree this can sometimes be frustrating for new users. I wonder if an explicit command to "Save window as default" might alleviate some of the confusion?

-Dennis

Thanks a bunch, Toadling! That worked like a charm.

And I think the save-window-as-default command you're suggesting is a good idea. I'm not even a very new user, and this was very frustrating to me. Without your help I probably never would have figured out how exactly how it worked.