The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Do I need MobileMe to sync? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I’ve got both the Mac desktop and the iPhone versions of OmniFocus and am syncing without issue. My MobileMe subscription expires in a few days and, honestly, I don’t really use it for anything other than this. Is there another reasonable way to accomplish the sync?

Would love to just let this slide. I don’t really use it for anything, seems to be a very overpriced service for what you get. But I do need to be able to continue syncing.

i use www.mydisk.se with a 2gb free webdav account.

Chulo, thanks for that info.

I went and created an account there to test it out but I'm getting an error message when I try to connect. I’m not trying to be a pest, but can you just give me the basics of how you connected?

I went to OmniFocus/Preferences/Sync/Advanced and entered the server info:

https://mydisk.se/username.shared (obviously with my username)

but there’s no where to enter password info. Do I need to mount the drive first to be able to sync? Not a big MobileMe fan but it does make this pretty painless.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

never mind, realized I needed to delete the .shared portion of the URL.

Moving forward now. Thanks for this tip, looks promising!