The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No license available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by palbion
I quit other applications to avoid confusing things, set the system clock back by 24 h, started OmniFocus without incident, set the system clock back to correct time and still no problem with OF.
Palbion, you're the best! It will probably be very late in the day here by the time the US wakes up, so it's likely we're not going to see an official fix very soon. I was already starting to panic, as I had performed an extensive, 4-hour weekly review yesterday that was going to be the basis of all my actions today.

Careful, though: if you tried the previous official trick of deleting the license, you need to re-install OF before doing this. Otherwise it has no effect whatsoever, as there is no license against which to compare the date.

Last edited by smew; 2007-06-16 at 05:40 PM..

Looking in the license dialog, my install shows an expired license. The expiration date is: 6/14/2007. Seems to be working otherwise though?

the turn back time hack worked for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ians
Looking in the license dialog, my install shows an expired license. The expiration date is: 6/14/2007. Seems to be working otherwise though?
What time zone are you in, ians? Is your date June 17 now?

Sorry everyone, this seems to be a glitch on our part. Unfortunately, I can't fix the problem, but I've contacted Ken and hopefully an update will be posted soon. Thanks for your patience!

Just another data point. I got my invite and installed on 6/14. I am also getting the license error stating my license is expired on 6/14. I tried to delete the license and relaunch with no success...

Me too. Just chiming in to say that you need not try any of the earlier builds either. The problematic code seems to be in all of them -- it is not somethin introduced by accident into the last few versions.

Kudos for the clock resetting trick, though. So "let's do the time warp again."

Klaus

Palbion Thanks..... your fix fixed me for now.

I guess I was one of the first to get the SP. My License ran out on the 14th and the delete license fix is not working.

Misery loves company. I am also seeing this. OTOH, my home chore list was in there, so maybe my Sunday will be free. ;)

Another me too (I know it doesn't help... but oh well) - hope you get it sorted soon Ken :)