The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clip-o-Tron support for Thunderbird? [A: Lacks support for OS X services feat.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
  1. Select a key sentence in a Mail message.
  2. Use my keyboard shortcut for "Services > OmniFocus: Send to Inbox".
  3. When the Quick Entry appears, select a destination project, and click "Save".
  4. File the message in one of my client folders.
  5. Switch to OmniFocus, select planning mode, and select the destination project.
  6. Select the new task (which was added at the end of the project).
  7. Click the "notes" icon – a single "From ..." line appears.
  8. Click in that single line, and the note expands to show the key sentence from the message.
  9. Click the "Original Message" link, and Mail comes to the front, displaying the entire message (with attached images) in a new Window.
I did not know that this could be done, but now I've implemented it and it's blowing my mind. This may enable me to fix the Mail/Task disconnect which I've wrestled with for years.

I use Mail for many things, and Thunderbird for other things. I see that in Thunderbird, "OmniFocus: Send to InBox" is in the Services menu, but it's tantalizingly greyed-out, and when I go to Clippings in the OmniFocus Preferences, I can't figure out how to configure Thunderbird.

Can anyone help?

-Speireag.

I don't/haven't used Thunderbird myself, but aren't all the Services Menu items disabled in Thunderbird? I recall reading somewhere that this is the case with Thunderbird and Firefox.

It's possible one of the more Mac-like Mozilla variants has implemented services support, but I think they try to steer clear of platform-specific features in Firefox and Thunderbird.

Postbox (based on Thunderbird and a bit more Mac-like) doesn't.