The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Update the iPhone Icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys

Thanks a lot, I am very happy to be brought up here, apporacle.com is my icon portfolio :)

If the wonderful people from Omnigroup would be interested in a updated version of the icon Iīd be my personal pleasure to work night and day on that, and for free - itīs the least I can do for one of my absolute favorite apps :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireproof View Post
Now that one looks cool!
A new icon is probably the lowest item on my priority list (wish list for Omni Group), but I agree that I like this one.

(Drat. My quote missed the icon. The one by Nicholas.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvaticus View Post
A new icon is probably the lowest item on my priority list (wish list for Omni Group), but I agree that I like this one.

(Drat. My quote missed the icon. The one by Nicholas.)
Agree it's not a high priority. But if it's just a matter of dropping a new one in the next build that's pushed out to us, then that would be very cool. Especially if Nicholas is willing to contribute his work for free - then it's no skin off Omni's back!

nope, love the current icon. don't change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post

Not bad at all, but it's not quite right yet. Don't like the way the tick clashes with both the clip and the red header line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiem View Post
Not bad at all, but it's not quite right yet. Don't like the way the tick clashes with both the clip and the red header line.
Mind you I did that icon in less than 20 mins. as a mockup. The actual one, if the OmniGroup want help with that, would be a lot better :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgecko View Post
nope, love the current icon. don't change it.
Ditto. Please don't change the current icon.

A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas_Thomsen View Post
Mind you I did that icon in less than 20 mins. as a mockup. The actual one, if the OmniGroup want help with that, would be a lot better :)

I felt quite inspired by your icon and tried to replicate it in OmniGraffle... Took me about 4 hours! I couldn't figure out how to make a decent looking 3D tick with depth, so I threw in an eye for good focus.

Feel free to download and improve upon my limited talent...

http://files.me.com/enihsnus/qlapbt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OF iPhone icon.png
Views:	457
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1403  

Last edited by sunshine; 2010-06-07 at 02:39 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman85 View Post
funny, i actually was wondering about this same thing and stumbled onto a thread by mtheoryx, http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15385 where he posted an iphone-like icon that he had made for his mac, and i requested that he make a version basically for the iphone. he obliged, and created one that was more suitable. I had to teak it a little to make it exactly the right size for the iphone, but i think it looks pretty good.
I think I like this one the most