The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus on iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Obviously we hate to lose a customer, but not so much that we don't want folks to use the tool that works best for them. That's far more important in the long run!

If there are any areas in OmniFocus that you think we could simplify or improve, we'd love to know your thoughts. That's you doing us a favor, though, so we totally understand if you need to get on with your actual productivity. Either way, thanks for being a customer! Hopefully, you'll forgive us if we continue to hope to see you here again someday. :-)
That's a truly great attitude Brian. One of the reasons I personally love using Omni products and being here.

I personally think OF is as complex as you want it to be. It can be used as a more basic to-do list app if that's what you want but in that case, as this person rightly states, it is a lot of money. Toodledo will do that for you for free on the web and for a little money on the iPhone / iPad.

But if you want to dive a little deeper, as I do, then Toodledo quickly comes unstuck. It has a lot of great features and I use it currently for quick family style task reminders, keeping OF clean for my work projects. It can't however offer genuine project management style task structures that I use and need.

I suspect I will move everything over to OF soon but that isn't a statement on Toodledo. More that I really only want one system and OF for iPad will fill the missing piece I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
CatOne, I see we share many experiences with task managers!
I can't believe Midnight gets away with the first (and only 5-star) review of their app... have a look if you haven't yet, it's quite funny. I wonder how many 'Report a Concern' Apple will need before removing it...
FWIW, here is some sample text to include when you 'Report a Concern' when it is obvious that a developer has submitted fake reviews to push sales.

Quote:
This review is from the developer, and based on other reviews, is deceiving people into thinking that the app is better than it really is.

The iPhone Developer Program License Agreement, section 12.2 (Termination), subsection (f) specifically mentions falsified consumer reviews as grounds for termination from the iPhone Developer Program.

Thank you.
I think that quoting the developer license agreement is the only way to get Apple to do something about fake reviews by developers. Being an app developer, I have watched inferior apps leech sales from my own based on falsified reviews from the developer, so this is an issue that is close to my heart.

The language that provides grounds for developer termination from false reviews did not appear in the widely publicized version of the license agreement in March (http://www.eff.org/files/20100302_iphone_dev_agr.pdf). I first noticed it in Rev. 6-7-10, which is the currently in-effect agreement.

Edit: I found a copy online so you can verify that the claim I make is true without me violating any NDA with Apple to show you.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/32715334/i...ement-20100607

Section 12.2 subsection (f) is on page 17

Last edited by costmo; 2010-07-28 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Add supporting URL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Obviously we hate to lose a customer, but not so much that we don't want folks to use the tool that works best for them. That's far more important in the long run!

If there are any areas in OmniFocus that you think we could simplify or improve, we'd love to know your thoughts. That's you doing us a favor, though, so we totally understand if you need to get on with your actual productivity. Either way, thanks for being a customer! Hopefully, you'll forgive us if we continue to hope to see you here again someday. :-)
Thanks, Brian, for your kind words. And like I said: I'm still on the fence, if that's the right expression. OF for iPad might win me over again from the competition.

If I do decide to leave OF behind, I'll email you with my thoughts, like you asked. Or maybe I will do so in any case :-)

Thanks for the great support.

I have tested Taska extensively and found numerous issues with the syncing via Toodledo between the iPad and iPhone version. While I like the direction they are going with the interface, without reliable sync the app is useless to me. The developer has released many updates that have consistently enhanced the UI, but the sync issues have remained. If you are just using it on one device, I imagine you might be fine.

Finally having decided to support good development, i recently purchased OF for the iPad and so far i am delighted. One thing i dearly miss though, is the possibility of conveniently indenting tasks under a project. Currently, I am required to 'move' the task inside the parent task, which is cumbersome. I simply want to order the tasks (the child below the parent), and then indent the child. Quite like on the OF for Mac, in fact.
Otherwise, I am very pleased, another customer satisfied =]
Cheers,
M.

PS. I hope i am not duplicating nor posting on the wrong thread...

If you have one child indented under the parent, you can tap the Edit button and simply drag others there. The only catch is that you can't drag to the last position—you've got to drag before the last indented item. If you want it to be the last one, there's an extra step to drag the last one before the penultimate one, but that's only one extra step.