The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

When Will Our Long Nightmare End? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I had a groceries context for awhile. But I realized that it was getting too cluttered. Groceries often end up in my inbox, but I use CarbonFin Outliner for lists that are clean and well-defined. I've let OmniFocus get out of control too often, and have decided to try to use external mechanisms.

When you're not sure how to plan and organize your contexts, having data that really doesn't need to be there can make it look like a more daunting task than it already is.

Now can we all agree that we have been living a nightmare?

Should we not have heard something by now?

Does Mr. Case's silence mean he and the team are busy with the preparations to launch?

Should I be getting ready to hit the debit card for $49.99?

Is my iPhone bumper case really as cheap as it seems?

Answers. We need answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iannarino View Post
Now can we all agree that we have been living a nightmare?

Should we not have heard something by now?

Does Mr. Case's silence mean he and the team are busy with the preparations to launch?

Should I be getting ready to hit the debit card for $49.99?

Is my iPhone bumper case really as cheap as it seems?

Answers. We need answers.
YES PLEASE!! I'd so much like an "update" on the update!! Otherwise, this all feels "never ending" in truth, not just hyperbole!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10315328-37.html

"Apple says it receives 8,500 new applications and updates to existing ones every week. There are 40 people responsible for reviewing every application submitted and each app gets reviewed by two people. Eighty percent are approved as submitted with no changes necessary, and 95 percent of applications are approved in two weeks or less. In total, since the App Store was opened last year, Apple says it has evaluated 200,000 apps and updates.

If you do the actual math, the task is sort of mind-boggling. Forty people looking at 8,500 apps and updates during a regular five-day work week comes out to approximately 212 apps per week. But since each app gets evaluated by two different people, that doubles the load to 424 apps per week, or about 85 apps per day. Assuming a standard eight-hour workday (which, let's be honest, is probably not what these employees are getting away with), that comes out to each member of the App Store team reviewing an app every six minutes."

Makes me wonder if any of them spend any time at all playing with an iPod/iPhone/iPad in their free time!

Hey, the release might be just around the corner: comments were disabled in the most recent blog post....

That is very suspicious. Still, almost one hour after you noticed that, still not available... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by propofol View Post
That is very suspicious. Still, almost one hour after you noticed that, still not available... :(
maybe Apple replied with "there's a bug" and OG is madly working on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by spye View Post
maybe apple replied with "there's a bug" and og is madly working on it
+1

Good grief... Please don't wreck my day.