The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

1 theme for viewing, 1 for printing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been experimenting with different Themes, and have found one that I prefer for viewing, and another for printing. Is there a way to change Themes as easily as changing Perspectives (i.e., a button on the toolbar)?

This seemed like an interesting puzzle. There doesn't appear to be any AppleScript support for themes, but double-clicking a theme file in the Finder will cause OmniFocus to offer to load the theme. Unfortunately, it insists on asking whether you wanted to do that, and leaves a Style Preferences window around after loading the theme. If that really bugs you, feel free to figure out how to delete the offending window.

The attached script uses two themes (called Printing and Viewing, though you can change them by editing the script). Installed as a toolbar button, the script will toggle between the two. If your database is sizable, the dialog box asking if you really wanted to load the new theme may stick around for a few seconds.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Themes.scpt.zip (5.4 KB, 696 views)

Many thanks.