The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Useful feature? Binding locations and contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One of most discussed things when GTD is applied from people that use computer all the day is how to “translate” to physical contexts used in the book in the computer environment.
So I thought it could be useful to be able to bind Mac OS X Locations to contexts. My scenario would be this: whenever I’m a the customer site, I switch to the associated location and OMF filters out irrelevant contexts.
What do you think? Would it be a useful thing to have?

There is a feature in there called "Perspectives" that I think will give you what you are looking for.

BZ

Mmh yes and no. Yes: I can use perspectives to filter out irrelevant information; no: these perspectives are not tied to locations.

There's often little use in switching locations, once you've defined your trusted networks, so I expect many people, like me, will use the 'Automatic' location all the time. This makes the proposed feature of little use, too.

This is one of the issues that I was trying to find out, i.e. how important is the location feature. I use the “Automatic” location most of the times, too.