That's a known "feature". The filter only filters actions. So in planning view all the projects show up whether flagged or not. Send Feedback if you think the projects should be filtered too.
2007-10-11, 04:23 PM
Hm. Well it seems there are a couple of bugs here then:
* I can flag entire projects, meaning, I presume, all the actions under it are flagged, but
* visually, those actions appear to be unflagged, although if you hover over the icon, it says "flagged", and
* you can click the seemingly unflagged icon and turn it to flagged.
Definitely sending feedback....
2007-10-11, 04:27 PM
Oh, wait... I see there are in fact *three* states to flagged:
* No flag at all (or a flag outline if you select the item)
* red flag if you've clicked the flag on a project or an action
* light red flag next to all a project's actions if you've clicked the flag on a project but not on any of its actions.
First, the little flag outline is a tip, like "Start," "Due," and the little clock for the estimated time. It's not a different state.
Second, it makes sense that a flagged project should indicate, somehow, that its actions are flagged (since Context mode shows actions only). But it should differ from how individually flagged actions are indicated, so that the user is clear on whether the action or the whole project is flagged.
I think Omni's solution is elegant: you immediately know, whatever your view, whether you have flagged an action or a project.
2007-10-12, 09:12 AM
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Show only flagged tasks (not unflagged tasks in flagged projects)||eurobubba||OmniFocus 1 for Mac||5||2011-04-01 02:37 PM|
|Show completed items in flagged view?||Nick5a1||OmniFocus for iPad||5||2011-01-21 11:52 PM|
|how do i show projects with due or flagged status?||clayc||OmniFocus 1 for Mac||4||2011-01-06 10:56 PM|
|Flagged perspective doesn't show 'blocked' actions?||pmangiafico||OmniFocus 1 for Mac||3||2010-07-27 12:46 PM|
|Bug with flagged items||scotty321||OmniFocus 1 for Mac||2||2010-01-18 02:12 PM|