The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SFTP sync PLEASE! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
You guys have covered a lot of bases and for that I thank you very much! I would like to put my two cents in and ask that you consider adding sftp to the list of sync protocols for OmniFocus, both the Mac and iPhone clients please. SFTP is relatively easy to setup and very secure and would allow syncing back to a computer that I control completely while on the road (for us Road Warrior types). I feel some uneasiness using the proverbial "cloud" for my personal data.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Dave

I hope that SFTP syncing can be put on the list of requested features. SFTP is easy to setup, secure and would allow users to easily host their own sync location. Of course both OmniFocus for the Mac as well as the iPhone version would have to support SFTP.

I'm mildly surprised to see that this is the case, but there didn't appear to be an item in the feature request database on SFTP sync. Interested parties should email the support ninjas to vote for this.

When you allow SSH connections to your Mac you have already setup SFTP access. SFTP is part of the SSH package. It's not only a snap to setup and use but super secure when using a very good "non-dictionary" password.

I hope others see hosting their own data as a valuable resource.