The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

trouble figuring out how to enter actual versus planned hours Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We normally work a 40 hour week, but we rarely charge all our time for that week to the same project. I have a project that started the last week of November. Let's say that the initial start date was 11/23/2009, but I only worked 8 hours the whole week on the project, but the work schedule is set to 40 hours every week for the duration of the project. What I want to show is that for Task1 that started on 11/23/2009, I only logged 8 hours of the 72 hour task. The next week, I might work 12 more hours towards that task. Obviously, I am not completing the task as fast as the work schedule says I am. What I want to do is show that I worked 8 hours on the first week of the project, 12 hours on the second week of the project, and have the rest of the schedule push out. I don't have a definitive timeline for when the project has to be completed, but I do have a definitive number of hours I can spend on each task. How do I enter actual hours against the schedule so that I can see how long the project will take as we move along on it.

I hope this makes sense. Your help is greatly appreciated!