The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Scale View Option? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I like small fonts in my printed documents, but I also like the option of scaling the view to a larger display, so that I can see what I'm editing. Is there an option like Microsoft Word's where you can scale the display to 200% or something?

The best way I found to do this I stumbled on completely by mistake, and was essentially the "fix" to my previous query about printing to index cards. In Files > Page Setup I select Omni Outliner Settings, and then select "Scale to fit page width", and then I set my document font to 12 point, and arbitrarily set the page width until I think it's appropriate. This works, but it's also something of an ugly hack. Does anyone have a more elegant solution?

Zooming is one of the main features we'll be adding for OmniOutliner 4. There's not really any why to simulate it right now other then what it sounds like you're doing. Sorry.

Hello,

I am also trying to increase viewing size but retaining print size...
I tried the procedure you mentioned, but it didn't help... can you explain
the process further ??

thanks....

When print scaling is turned on (File -> Page Setup -> Settings: OmniOutliner -> General tab -> 'scale to fit page width'), the window width of the document represents the width of the printout. It will shrink the text to fit to the paper size you print on while retaining the same text wrapping as shown on screen.

thanks Derek, I was able to manipulate the text, but then it will be out of synch if I export it to a word processor, i.e. too large- since some of my programs don't have the scale to fit feature.
When will OOP 4.0 be released ?