The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Troubleshoot Sorting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using OO Pro 3.6.2 and am having difficulties with sorting by column. Quite simply, my OO files do not respond to a sort command. When I create a new instance of an OO file with columns, headings and subheads the sort command works. In my rather extensive general notes file and to do file no sorting occurs.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? I'm stumped. Thanks.

Scott Betz

Scott,
When you say "general notes file", do you mean a file with just the main column? Do you have your 'notes' in separate child sections or in one big section?

James B

The file in question is called "simple todo.oo3." It has three sections entitled tasks, done and log. It currently has 5 columns entitled project, priority, context, start date and due date. In the reorganize > keep sorted menu item I can choose to maintain a sort on any one of the column's data. When I do so, however, nothing changes position that I can see.

scott

Is it possible you turned off sorting for the document by accident? Select some of your rows and look at the style attributes inspector. Do you see a 'row sort children' entry? If so, remove that by clicking on the 'x' to the right of it.

Under the Row:Advanced inspector, there is a setting for allowing children to sort.

That did it, Derek. Thanks.

Scott Betz