The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Size of .oo3 file after WebDAV export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I set up a WebDAV server on my laptop to facilitate the moving around of files between my MBP and iPad. To test it out, I exported the Omni-supplied iPad "Books" document to WebDAV.

All went fine, but the size of the file after the export was 6.5GB (!), although I did not notice any significant decrease in available size remaining on my hard drive. I then copied the file to the Desktop where it showed up as being about 20KB.

A test with a small Pages document resulted in a file size of 300KB.

Certainly the exported iPad file is not 6.5 GB, but why the false reading? This is really a curious thing and I'm wondering if anyone has encountered anything similar to this.