The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can you sort the Library and/or Contexts list? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all -

I'm starting to get a lot of folders and projects as well as contexts. Is there a way to sort the Library alphabetically?

If you are running the 1.1 Sneaky Peeks, select the items in the library you want to sort, then select Edit->Sort and choose the desired sort. I don't remember what sort options 1.0.3 offered; if you're still using 1.0.3, see if that command is there.

Oh, NOW you tell me! I've been working on an AppleScript to do just that. I tried clicking on "Library" and choosing sort, and it didn't do anything. I didn't realize I had to select the specific items to sort. (Which is pretty weird when you think about it, but I suppose that makes focus clearer.

Not so weird, in my opinion -- you can sort just part of the list, allowing you to have a couple of hot-button items at the top, and the rest sorted alphabetically (or whatever sort strikes your fancy).

Sorry, I read your post about the scripted sorting, and just assumed that you had a good reason for wanting to do that, and didn't even think to suggest you could use a built-in command. After all, you hardly seem to be a novice user, you're manipulating your database with reasonably complex Applescripts, why would you need my help finding something that's right there in the menu in front of you? :-)