The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Use OPML file with Mindmeister and export to rtf-File Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just tried to import the OPML file which I had exported from OmniOutliner for iPad into my mindmeister.com account (a web-based Mindmapping Tool with an iPad App).
I got a nice MindMap of my Outlines.

But the best of this process: now I can export it e.g. As rtf and use it in Pages, Word etc. Works great!

Too bad this process requires a computer. Not to mention the act of getting an outline into a word processor requiring a mind mapping app being a bit backwards. Very kludgy but good to know at least something works.

Unfortunately notes are lost in this process. MindMeister's rtf export leaves a lot to be desired as well. This is a way to get 'something' into Word and Pages but it's no more than a copy/paste would give us...if we actually had the ability to copy/paste from OmniOutliner into anything else.

iThoughts HD for iPad will export OPML with notes.

BTW if you use Scrivener writing software (Mac, Windows) then OPML with notes imports fantastically well into it.