The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

9 steps to change text color? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just checking. It appears as though I have to perform nine steps to change text color. Just checking if there is a faster way to do this as color is very helpful.

Currently I am doing the following:

1. Select text
2. Click the 'i' button at top right of screen
3. Scroll down
4. Select 'Customize Style'
5. Click 'Text Color'
6. Click 'Palette'
7. Scroll up or down as needed
8. Choose color
9. Click outside dialog box to get back to editing

Many thanks in advance for any advice on shortcuts.

If you're changing the color to any random value, then yes, those are the correct steps. If you're only using certain color values then we recommend you create named styles for those so you can access them from the top level of the of the 'i' button.

To create a new named style:
-Open the tools menu
-Tap the Styles tab
-Tap the New Styles button at the bottom of the popover
-Name the style
-Set the style attributes you want, in this case the text color

Now when you open the inspector (the 'i' button), you'll see this new style in the list there and can just tap on that to apply it to your selection. Hope that helps!

Thanks, Derek. I'll try that. Should be fine for my purposes. Thanks again!

If you look at the Solarized sample documents, you can see examples of doing what Derek suggests. To make use of one of these documents, you would duplicate it, open the new document, and replace the sample rows with your own content.