The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto Numbering Objects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd love to find out how I can auto number objects on the stage.

For example, I am creating wire frames for a web site. On Page 1, I have a diagram of the home page of the site.

I want to number each object on the stage 1-20 automatically(1 for header, 2 for footer, 3 for left nav, 4 for right sidebar, etc...), and then provide corresponding side notes 1-20 to the right in a text area.

Can someone direct me to the right place to download a script or teach my how to do this? I hope it's possible. I have so many pages to go through and numbering all the elements on each page is time consuming.

Thanks.

This is really late, but look at the last post here:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...page+numbering

Basically, go to the Master Canvas, create a text element, and then Edit > Insert Variable > Page Number. You can also do variables like Total Pages or Current Date which is nice.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the solution, this doesn't number individual object, it numbers canvases.

I'm about 1000 boxes on my single canvas and I would like them numbered. Is there a better way than manual (and if so, how)?

Thanks

Last edited by Michael; 2009-05-11 at 10:32 AM..

I'd try Peter McMaster's numbering script -- it might do what you're needing here.