The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Application Screen Prototype Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

is it possible to draw Software application screen interfaces and proto-types using OMG. I download the demo version. But could not see any objects or control stencils for making mac screen interfaces.

can someone help me by telling how to do the same.

regards
ramke
Markus interactive
Singapore

There are several stencils of user-interface components in Graffletopia. Look in http://www.graffletopia.com . You can also set the search field in the stencils window to look there; use the magnifying-glass pulldown. Searching on "interface" gives good results.

You can make an interactive prototype by attaching actions to components in your prototype screens and exporting to HTML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gersh View Post
You can make an interactive prototype by attaching actions to components in your prototype screens and exporting to HTML.
is there any example to look at it. In the site, the demos are more on orgainisation chart etc. Nothing to do with Screen proto type. Some help is appreciated to finalize decision between mockupscreen and omnigraffle.

thanks for your reply.
regards
ramke

This link goes to a short demo of creating a wireframe prototype for a web site.

http://www.urlgreyhot.com/personal/w...th_omnigraffle

The same process works for an application, using components from one of the user-interface stencils.

Since MockupScreens is an application specifically for making prototypes, it has more features related to that process that than Omnigraffle does. After a quick look at MockupScreens, though, I'd say that Omnigraffle has more options for building interaction into the prototype.

Hello, I'm new to this forum and to the wonderful tool, omnigraffle.

I've searched and searched. So, I apologize if this has been asked before.
I'm trying to make a prototype for testing purposes on omnigraffle. Is there any way to create a drop down menu in the navigation bar?

(I don't have the "pro" version of OG)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums, Itry! I'm going to move your post to a previous thread that discusses this in a minute; responding in the original thread before I do so to make sure you get any notifications you signed up for. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Brian; 2011-10-11 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: clarify language about moving thread

Thank you.

My apologies for not posting in the correct area.

So is a drop down menu that is clickable to different canvases possible in omnigraffle?

OmniGraffle supports adding "Jump to another canvas" actions to shapes in the document, but if you mean an animated drop-down menu that functions like an app, not really. I have seen folks use Applescript to do some simple animations in OmniGraffle, but a clickable app mockup would be much more complex to try and script.

I think this falls into the "Technically possible, but unfeasible in day-to-day work" category. Folks do use OmniGraffle to mock up applications, but AFAIK the mockups tend to be static screenshots.

Got it. Thanks a ton!