The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Paste text with current style Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

does anybody know if there is a function to paste text on the clipboard into an object's text area with the current style of that object instead of the style of the text as on the clipboard?

I have collected some data in OO and need to paste some portions into OG objects, but they always bring their style as they were in OO with them.

Many applications have something like Cmd-Shift-V or Cmd-Alt-V for this - is there an equivalent function in OG?

-Christian

(Since I just happened to stumble upon this again…)

I am badly missing this functionality: Is there a command like "Paste with style" in OmniGraffle, or how can this quickly be simulated?

For now, it seems like I have to paste the text in a style-unaware application first (like Text Wrangler), then copy/paste from there.

Any ideas? (Copy/Paste Font does not suffice, since it does not include e.g. line spacing etc.)

-Christian

This would save me hours.

I find that even when I copy & paste into a basic text program and then c&p into OG, it still brings along styles, rather than using what's there. This means a LOT of tedious, unnecessary reformatting when simply updating text content.

Let me know if you've figured out any kind of solution or work-around.

Thanks,
L

It's in OmniGraffle 5.0 now.

Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenater View Post
Let me know if you've figured out any kind of solution or work-around.
Pasting in TextWrangler gets rid of the style: Paste, select all, copy, then paste into the OG 4.x field. It will use the style already there. Text Edit won't do, as you've found out...

As Joel mentioned, the function supposedly is in 5.x (haven't upgraded yet).

-Christian

I've been having a bit of success by C&P into/out of BBEdit. Thanks, and I look forward to v5!

Another slick way of doing this is to paste into the object's input field in the Outline Editor.