The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wish: narrower Planning Mode columns Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My default Planning Mode window has the left sidebar and Context, Estimate, Start Date, and Due Date columns (everything except Completion Date).

With my sidebar sized to show most project names and all columns resized to their minimum widths, my Planning Mode window is 1020 pixels wide. The Inspector window is 267 pixels wide. Putting these two windows side-by-side totals 1287 pixels, which is just a tad wider than my OmniFocus monitor (1280 x 960).

Since I use this monitor for other applications, I'd like to narrow the main Planning Mode window by 150 to 200 pixels. My data would fit in this width, but I can't decrease the width of the Name, Start or Due columns.For example,
  • With Start and Due set to minimum width, there's 25 pixels of wasted space (assuming numeric dates).
  • The minimum with of the Planning Mode Name column is 508 pixels, whereas a Context Mode Name column can be narrowed to 200 pixels.
-- Ward

P.S. I used Pixelated's free PixelStick for on-screen measuring - it's great!

[submitted as formal feedback]