The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lost data with syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there, I synched my data from the iPad to the MacBook Pro and it transferred all my data from the iPad to the MacBook Pro but deleted all my OmniFocus data on the MacBook Pro. I was thinking that it would combine the 2 so that I would have both data.

Luckily I have synced the data on the MacBook Pro with my iMac, so I have the data. How can I sync so that the data is shared between the 3 computers?

Thanks!

zalikhan

The sync code is designed to allow you to make changes to a common starting point. It sounds like you synced two different databases, which causes OmniFocus to ask whether to keep device or sync database—but in either case, one is replaced by the other. What you need to do is merge them, and probably the best thing to do is to contact the Omni support ninjas on Monday by phone and have them talk you through the process. It isn't particularly difficult, but it needs to be done correctly or you could lose data.

Thanks whpalmer4 for your reply. I will call them for sure on Monday. Is there a link anywhere where I can read or view a tutorial that explains this step by step?